Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 34,159
» Latest member: datadreamer
» Forum threads: 6,693
» Forum posts: 33,131

Full Statistics

Online Users
There are currently 123 online users.
» 2 Member(s) | 119 Guest(s)
Bing, Google, chhanchal0010, xadefinn

Latest Threads
Vagifem Kauf
Forum: My Forum
Last Post: xadefinn
1 minute ago
» Replies: 17
» Views: 436
Kobe Toradol Pris
37 minutes ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 485
Banana Backwoods
Last Post: chhanchal0010
38 minutes ago
» Replies: 7
» Views: 135
Accept payments in differ...
Last Post: Seguro de Carro 2024
38 minutes ago
» Replies: 271
» Views: 2,563
Bestille Clomipramin Raba...
Last Post: ElizabethSwizzil
40 minutes ago
» Replies: 20
» Views: 492
Raloxifene Top-Qualitat
53 minutes ago
» Replies: 18
» Views: 488
Как выиграть Джекпот?
53 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 4
Займ на карту онлайн - Ц ...
1 hour ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 3
Guide to the Most Accurat...
Last Post: nguyencuong070421
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 2
Cotizar seguro vehicular ...
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5

Ice Cube Raiders owe Oakland a Super Bow
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:48 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (10)

The are leaving for Las Vegas, but before they abandon Oakland, they'll have a chance to give the city a championship. With a franchise quarterback in , top receivers in and , running back , a dominant offensive line, and one of the game's top pa s rushers in , the Raiders are Bill Laimbeer Jersey legitimate contenders in the AFC -- well, as much of a contender as a non-Patriots team can be.That should make Ice Cube happy. On Friday, the Raiders fan and rapper said that the team owes Oakland a championship before they depart for Las Vegas."I think the Raiders owe Oakland a Super Bowl championship before they leave," "So Allen Iverson Jersey that's why, I think, people are going to support them."A year ago, the Raiders were coasting along until They still managed to break their playoff drought, but flamed out in the wild-card round when went 18-of-45 pa sing and threw three interceptions.But a succe sful offseason kept the Raiders on the Ersan Ilyasova Jersey right track. and . Free agent addition is always going to be an inconsistent tight end, The Raiders got better this offseason. All of the drama surrounding the team has to do with the ugly and awkward breakup with Oakland -- not actual football matters. As the Raiders' stadium gets built, the team will remain in Oakland, at least for the next two seasons. But the stadium won't be ready until 2020 at the earliest, and the Raiders' current lease expires after the 2018 season. Plans for 2019 are yet to be determined. Ish Smith Jersey The Raiders have said that they would like to remain in Oakland until the move, but certain With that being said, Meanwhile, Ice Cube just wants to know why they couldn't have just moved to Los Angeles."I was sad they wasn't coming to L.A.," Ice Cube, who grew up in Los Angeles, said. "But I feel sad for Oakland, straight up. I think the NFL makes so much money. They have enough money to build Ben Wallace Jersey a stadium here. What are they doing? Why they have these teams uprooting and leaving? "You've got the in L.A.? Y'all want the Chargers? Y'all can have the Chargers."

Print this item

Cowboys starter reportedly out several w
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:46 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (5)

When it comes to their defensive line, the haven't received much good news this offseason, but that might have finally changed on Tuesday.According , avoided serious injury after being carted off Jansen Harkins Jersey the field during practice. Crawford sprained his right ankle after getting tangled up with running back , which you can see below.Video of Tyrone Crawford's ankle injury, and his emotional reaction afterward (at 1:35 mark of the video). Mike Leslie (@MikeLeslieWFAA) When Crawford left the field, he was in tears, and the initial reaction in Dallas was that he might have suffered a bone fracture, which would have caused him to mi s a substantial part of the season. Instead, Crawford is only expected to mi s a few weeks -- Teemu Selanne Jersey which likely means he'll be out the rest of the preseason -- and the team is , according to NFL.com.As you can see below, Crawford was in some serious pain when he was taken off the field. A few hours after the injury, Crawford tweeted that he'll be back "soon." I want to thank everyone for the prayers! I'll bounce back from this and will be out Keith Tkachuk Jersey there putting in soon! Tyrone Crawford (@TCrawford98) The fact that Crawford likely won't mi s any regular season games is huge news for a Cowboys team that can't really afford to lose any more defensive linemen right now.Depth at the position was already thin thanks to the fact that the team has been hit Bryan Little Jersey with three suspensions. ( ) and ( ) and newly signed defensive lineman () will all be mi sing some time in 2017. Losing Crawford for any significant amount of time would've been devastating for the Cowboys, and that's mainly because he's one of their most versatile defensive linemen. Crawford is currently penciled in as the team's starting right defensive end, but the Cowboys basically use him wherever they need him. In 2016, Crawford saw time at left end and as a defensive tackle, and started a total Tyler Myers Jersey of 13 games for the Cowboys.

Print this item

Twitter reacts to LeVeon Bell joining Ch
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:44 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (6)

, and not Erik Haula Jersey long after he was a . The running back went from arguably the worst team in the league to one of the best, joining the offense of Super Bowl MVP .The Chiefs signed Bell to a one-year deal on Thursday night, joining rookie and Darrel Williams on the running back depth chart.Bell spent le s than two seasons with the Jets, and both sides were unable to get the production Charlie Coyle Jersey they wanted from the deal. He's moving on from head coach Adam Gase and the rest of the team but will soon see them again when the Chiefs host the currently winle s Jets on November 1.The deal happened while Twitter was down, so we didn't get immediate reactions from the running back himself or the Chiefs, but shortly after, they all took to social media to expre s their excitement. Let's take a look at some of the best Christian Folin Jersey reactions.Bell was quick with the Photoshopped picture: Kansas City, , thank you for the opportunity lets go! Le'Veon Bell (@LeVeonBell) Mahomes already has a dangerous offense and it just added one more option. The former league MVP used a GIF to expre s how he was feeling. Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) No. 15 also sent him a welcome me sage, saying, "Welcome my brother! Let's get it!" Welcome my brother! Lets get Nino Niederreiter Jersey it! Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) The Chiefs official Twitter account welcomed Bell with a graphic. Welcome to , ! Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) Other coaches and players joined in to make Bell feel at home in his new state. Lets get to work, happy to have you Deland McCullough (@coachdmc) Zach Parise Jersey My dawg ! Chris Jones (@StoneColdJones) This video aged well. Arrowhead Pride (@ArrowheadPride)

Print this item

The strangest part of Steelers and Raven
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:43 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (3)

Wednesday afternoon football came and went. It happened. And it may happen again.My biggest takeaway from was that I remain stunned that we haven't had multiple games like this being played mid-week, almost every week. I remain shocked that this has not become a more regular part of the football viewing experience.Consider what is going on with college football, the constant hiccups with trying to schedule college basketball and how ever-changing the games have been in those sports. Consider everything going on in communities around this country trying to get a handle on COVID-19. Consider the time of year that we are in, with people stuck indoors and the holiday season upon us, and who knows -- we may well look back on this Wednesday experiment, with a single game in this unique window, as something close to normal.No one knows what is ahead, and 2020 has continued to provide us with days and weeks the likes of which none of us could have truly imagined before. This Patrick Maroon Jersey might end up being as good as it will get. By January, things could be markedly worse in the NFL and in this country, and this game was another indication, frankly, of the league's desire to get these 256 regular-season games (or as many of them as po sible that matter) played ASAP. The idea of a pause, which was making the rounds in the rumor mill recently, just doesn't jibe with the prevailing spirit I detect from the league office, and with what Roger Roger Goodell was saying and intimating on a conference call with the media Wednesday afternoon and in his remarks on NBC during halftime.It is all about whittling down 32 teams to one final champion in as close to normal fashion as po sible, no matter how much stre s it may put on any particular game in any particular week, be it 1 through 17. That 18th week is going to be the start of the playoffs, I am thoroughly convinced. Trust me, there was never anything close to serious consideration of one of the game's best rivalries -- Baltimore at Pittsburgh -- going to that week; if a game of that magnitude was played on a Wednesday while a lot of Americans were in the car-pool line (where school is actually in se sion), then you'd best believe any other game could be as well if need be.I'm old enough to remember two months ago when the outbreak was raging and there was no way that building was going to open until there were two days of no positive results. And even with more intense protocols in place now, that was not the case with this game. The league would point to all it has learned and gained from contact tracing and ramping up its data and proce ses and the Paul Coffey Jersey impact of genome tracing ... and so far they have been right. Stunningly so. There has yet to be evidence of transmi sion from team to team in-game -- as much as many of us thought that might be a recipe for disaster -- and the NFL playing this game when they did is another indication of how strongly it believes that will continue to be the case. Red Sox pitcher Eduardo Laurent Brossoit Jersey Rodriguez was ruled out of the MLB season soon after that league's delayed start due to , and the NFL was able to avoid a similar situation for months before tight end received the same diagnosis in late November, coach Sean McDermott confirmed to the media.That's not to say there couldn't be more similar cases coming, or that there won't be. But if they are playing these games, and the biggest attention so far has been around the lack of sufficient practice time before the Titans or have played after outbreaks, I dare say this has gone better than anyone could have reasonably expected.This is, after all, a capitalist entertainment busine s, and they negotiated new, overarching regulations before the season with the NFLPA just for instances like this Ravens situation. And as much as we may obse s about the particulars of a certain game's kickoff through the course of the week, the larger reality is that the season has not been compromised to any significant extent. At least not yet. Just the opposite. Again, that could change any given week. But through three months this seems close to a miracle to me. This was the biggest oddity (or maybe Denver having to play without a QB), but that, in the grand scheme of all things 2020, Edmonton Oilers Jersey is not all that odd at all. Think back to all the talk about moving this game back a month, or calling for forfeits, or complaining that it was a football atrocity the likes of which we have never seen and that no one would be compelled to watch.It was actually pretty damn decent, all things considered. The parts that were the ugliest were born of some of the obvious roster limitations to the Ravens' offense, but it still came down to the final minutes and featured the quirks and unpredictability that have been hallmarks of this rivalry. It wasn't a freak show at all in the end, and it fits in its own strange way into the fabric of the history these two teams are writing along with Charlie Batch winning a big game, and and nearly doing the same, all against the odds.We can debate the morality of playing any of these profe sional sports given the times we are living in, that I would never deny. Yet all of them have been played, are being played or are about to be played again. And, let's be real, if the NCAA and "amateur sports" are finding a way to keep their thing afloat and the cash coming in despite no collective bargaining agreements and with some schools not even fully in se sion and despite the even greater moral questions about operating college football and basketball, then you would have to be utterly nave to think that a scenario existed whereby NFL games were not being played. For over a week, every shifting detail of this Ravens-Steelers game was the stuff of breaking news updates, bulletins and full scale alerts. Each potential twist and turn was the focus of the sports media at any given moment (though it was always going to be played as long as contract tracing indicated that ability; it was always just a matter of when).In the end, it was pushed back all of six days and ended up looking like a normal football game. For all of their disadvantages, the Ravens came this close to beating the Cam Talbot Jersey lone undefeated team (and the Titans managed to crush the now 8-3 Bills after having to return from their lengthy outbreak-hiatus and play under le s-than-ideal circumstances earlier this season).When viewed against the backdrop of the entire NBA moving to Orlando in the summer or baseball nearly not starting at all and playing just 60 games, or the Miami Marlins putting a busload of COVID-positive players on two-day bus trip from Philly to Florida, or the St. Louis Cardinals not playing for like half a month and then playing a ton of doubleheaders, was this past week in the NFL all that bizarre? Given all of what we have seen go on in pro and college sports, to think that the biggest sport in all the land, with the most to lose in having to refund television contracts, would not be playing as well

Print this item

Texans to sign former second-round pick
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:41 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (3)

It's been quite the last several days for P.J. Hall. The 25-year-old was initially Tony Phillips Jersey , but there was enough interest to strike a last-minute deal with the that would've sent Hall packing in exchange for a conditional late-round pick. He'd fail the physical though, and the trade was nixed, leading the Raiders to pull the trigger on their original plan of simply cutting him loose.And now, he's preparing to head home to Texas, having agreed to terms with the , .Hall is looking for a resurgence in the state that birthed his football career, where the Seguin, Texas native -- Stephen Piscotty Jersey a city located just over two hours west of Houston -- eventually went on to become a standout for Sam Houston State en route to getting the call as the Raiders second-round pick in 2018. He quickly found himself as the odd man out with the Raiders, in part because he wasn't Dennis Eckersley Jersey a selection of Mike Mayock, who signed on as general manager in 2019. The decision to then make changes this offseason that included the hiring of defensive coordinator Rod Marinelli, and the addition of "Marinelli guys" such as , rubber stamped Hall's pink slip before he could move his bags from Oakland to Las Vegas. Collins is looked upon as a solid upgrade over Hall at defensive tackle, but the latter will now get a shot on a Texans defensive front looking to bolster the Kendall Graveman Jersey supporting cast -- led by J.J. Watt and Mark McGwire Jersey .The terms of Hall's deal in Houston have not yet been released, nor is it clear if he's already pa sed the required physical after having failed one for the Vikings. If all is well, however, he'll get to work trying to show Bill O'Brien he deserves a roster spot.

Print this item

Dez Bryant pronounces his knee and ankle
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:39 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (3)

The got a good win against the on Sunday to move to 5-3 and keep themselves within seeing distance of the NFL-leading , who sit at 8-1. That was the good. The bad was that in the fourth quarter, the Cowboys' top two receivers both left Phil Hughes Jersey the game with injuries. rolled an ankle on a catch-and-run with a few minutes left in the game but appeared to be fine. (He's been dealing with a sore ankle since Week 1 but has played in every game.) Earlier in the quarter, though, was the Addison Reed Jersey (seemingly) more concerning injury. took a huge hit on a ball over the middle, and he also appeared to have both his ankle and his knee rolled up on.Dez left the game and was seen working with trainers on the sideline, and he did not Miguel Sano Jersey return. Afterward, he said the ankle was sore and bruised, but that he would be fine. Cowboys WR Dez Bryant says ankle sore, a little bruised. Bryant says hopefully by the end of the week he'll be fine Jane Slater (@SlaterNFL) Monday morning, he went into a bit more detail about exactly what was wrong with his ankle and his knee. Dez Bryant: "Extreme ble sings from God that it ain't nothing bad. There's no tear, no bruising. My knee is stable. My ankle is stable." Jon Machota (@jonmachota) That's good news for the Cowboys, who need as many of their playmakers on the field as po sible against Brian Dozier Jersey the next week. Of course, we all know they could be without by then. Elliott received an administrative stay from the United States Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, allowing him to play Jason Castro Jersey in last week's game against the Chiefs while his request for an injunction pending the appeal of his six-game suspension for violating the league's domestic violence policy is heard. His potential availability for Week 10 is unknown at this point, and we likely won't find out if he'll be available until later this week.

Print this item

Roger Goodell is 100 percent certain the
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:37 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (3)

In general, it's dangerous to proclaim 100 percent certainty about anything. But NFL commi sioner Roger Goodell did just that when asked by NBC's Matt Lauer if he got Deflategate right."Yes," Goodell said without hesitation, according to , adding: "We went through a very exhausting proce s with this. We had an independent investigation."Exhausting, yes, ... much le s so. The Wells Report, which , was short on incriminating evidence, though that didn't keep the league from suspending quarterback for the first four games of the 2016 season. Brady's punishment without clear evidence is Chase Utley Jersey also why, last summer, Patriots owner Bob Kraft said that he " .""Every player, every team, is subject to the same rules," Goodell told Lauer. "We don't have rules for marquee players and we don't have rules for marquee teams," Goodell said. Still, even though Brady has publicly accepted his fate, Pats president Jonathan Kraft at how the NFL has treated the future Hall of Fame quarterback."I think I want to start by saying Tom Brady is exceptional," Kraft last last month during an appearance with 's Marc Bertrand. "We've talked about it a lot, but he's an exceptional human being. From our perspective, he's the type of profe sional athlete Mike Piazza Jersey that you want to celebrate, hold up as an example, not only to other players in the league but hold up to kids that are playing the game, and just as somebody you want to model your life off of, not only as a profe sional athlete but how he is as a father to his children Maury Wills Jersey , a husband, a son to his parents, a brother to his sisters. He is as good of a human being as you can get. And I think as I've told you before, if Tom was a lot younger and let's say he wasn't a football player but was the exact same guy and he married my daughter, I'd think my daughter had married the greatest guy in the world. He's exceptional.Translation: The hard feelings remain."So for us, seeing him treated him in a way that we don't perceive to be fair eats at us greatly," Kraft continued. "And there's still a tremendous amount of, there's frustration around how the pure facts of science and lack of any type of tangible, hard evidence that certain people can look Mark Lowe Jersey at those circumstances and then try to taint him or his legacy without that type of evidence. And that will always be a frustration that spurs anger here. Not having him play on the field, there will be an emptine s and you really feel for Tom, because you know how badly he wants to be out there." Kraft won't find much sympathy outside of New England, but there is a silver lining to Brady's month off and Kraft touched on it in his "frustration spurs anger" remarks. Brady might be an exceptional human being, but the man can also hold a grudge. And he'll no doubt use the four-game suspension to plot his revenge on the rest of the league, both when he returns against the in Week 5, and for the Yasiel Puig Jersey remainder of the season that, should it culminate in another Lombardi Trophy, would surprise exactly no one.

Print this item

Former first-round pick Paxton Lynch sig
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:36 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (3)

Just five years after being a first-round pick, is no longer seeking NFL work. Lynch reached a deal with the CFL's Saskatchewan Roughriders on Monday, ending his NFL career -- for now at least.A 2016 first-round pick of the Tyler Clippard Jersey , Lynch started four games in two seasons with the team. He completed just 61.7% of his pa ses for 792 yards and four touchdowns with four interceptions (76.7 rating) in five career games before the Broncos decided to cut their lo ses. Denver cut Lynch, once considered the heir apparent to , prior to the start of the 2018 season. After sitting out the 2018 season, Lynch spent the 2019 offseason with the before Dallas Keuchel Jersey being released prior to final cuts.The signed Lynch to the practice squad that September and he was later promoted to the active roster. Lynch was released by the Steelers in September 2020 and hasn't been in the league since. Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm Jeff Bagwell Jersey that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Lynch has been part of an ever-growing list of failed quarterbacks Elway has selected or signed as general manager -- that have started a game -- since Manning retired, joining , , , , , , , and Alex Bregman Jersey . Denver will have Lock and compete for the starting quarterback job in 2021, a spot the franchise once thought would be Lynch's for the next decade. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Lynch will look to revitalize his career in the Canadian Football League. The Roughriders have some notable quarterbacks on their Carlos Beltran Jersey roster, including 2018 sixth-round pick (who started two NFL games for the ) and Tom Flacco (brother of Joe Flacco). The CFL will play an abbreviated 15-game season starting the first weekend of August (the Roughriders first game is Aug. 6).

Print this item

Cowboys Zeke Elliott keeping contract ne
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:34 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (3)

Expect to hear more Jose Quintana Jersey rumblings about Zeke Elliott and his displeasure with the as training camp rolls near. Unle s, of course, the sides work something out. Which isn't nearly as out of the question as some might have you believe.While some of the rhetoric has ratcheted up via third parties this week, with various reports about how nuclear this situation might become, two sources who know the star running back well doubt he actually conducts some sort of meaningful holdout. And there is actually more optimism that a deal could be brokered than many are letting on.There hasn't been a whole lot said about the proce s publicly, which I am told is by design. The sides are keeping things quiet but are very much in dialogue, sources said, and there has been a dialogue. If things take an unforeseen turn for the worse, then perhaps drastic measures are called for, but even in that instance two of the sources I spoke to doubted Elliott would mi s actual games that count. The Cowboys have stood by him to a fault through his myriad allegations and Jerry Jones realizes how important Elliott is to that offense and I just don't see this one getting entirely off the tracks.Conversations with executives from other clubs and discu sions with forward-thinking agents continue to lead me to believe that a short-term (2-3 years, tops) deals for both Elliott and the make the most sense and are the best solutions to these contract quandaries. Given the nature of that position, and, in the case of Elliott, his ongoing off-field i sues of one magnitude or the other, landing a Todd Gurley-eqsue contract in this climate seems far-fetched, and neither is remotely in position to sit out a year like did, and have nothing really to gain by doing so. Get as much money in the next 18 months as po sible, with guarantees through 2020, and maybe include language about no more than one franchise tag being able to be applied in Ben Zobrist Jersey the future (or, best case scenario, language precluding any tags) and be ready to hit the market as still a young-enough RB after the 2020 season. That term and structure, I am more convinced than ever, makes far and away the most sense from player and team standpoint.How stadiums factor into CBA talks (and forget about 18 games)Asked several people around the league in prominent positions where the idea of the 18-game season, with no player allowed to play more than 16 games, came from in the first place. The name I heard more often than any other was owner Robert Kraft. Problem is, I still have yet to talk to a football person in the NFL who thinks it is a remotely viable idea, and there seems to be no momentum behind it. "No way that's happening," as one high ranking team official put it.While it has absorbed plenty of media attention, it is not an i sue that is really getting traction in the CBA talks themselves, I'm told. The Carlos Zambrano Jersey biggest i sue of contention currently, sources said, is the idea of stadium credits and the player's willingne s to continue to take money out to help subsidize new stadiums and/or significant stadium upgrades as has been done in the past. There is really only one municipality dealing with what the league would deem a stadium crisis, in Buffalo, which is natural considering how many new facilities have been constructed in the last 15 years or so. So it isn't as pre sing a need as it once was, though there are always teams looking for hundred-million dollar upgrades to current stadiums for new ma sive scoreboard or luxury boxes or whatever else. It is anything but sexy, but when you talk to people with skin in the game about the unprecedented progre s in CBA talks so soon before the current deal expires, it isn't long before the term "stadium credits" comes up as something that could stall things out this summer, and perhaps beyond. Regardle s, both sides have already shown a common determination to addre s labor peace in a proactive manner we haven't quite seen before and I hear enough optimistic voices to believe getting something done sometime in 2020 is still hardly out of the question.Herbert standing out in early scouting gradesI am not one to make too Kosuke Fukudome Jersey much of the annual senior scouting grades that come out of the BLESTO/National scouting services every year at this time. They do serve as a benchmark for NFL teams as they head into the college season -- at least to varying degrees depending on the organization -- and are worth perusing, though obviously, the upcoming college season will determine how these prospects look come next spring's draft.Yet it was hard to overlook how Oregon quarterback Justin Herbert stands out when reading over all of the draft grades. These two combined services love the QB. That shouldn't be a shocker, as he was generating first-overall draft pick chatter at this time a year ago as a junior (and as we first reported in the fall, it was well known in John Lackey Jersey the scouting community that he was very likely to stay in school). Herbert had an overall grade of 7.21 from the scouting service -- a full half-point above any other player they evaluated (and two full points above any other senior QB). The other players with grades above 6.50: Alabama linebacker Raekwon Davis (6.72), Notre Dame end Julian Okwara (6.71), South Carolina defensive tackle Javon Kinlaw (6.71), LSU corner Kristian Fulton (6.51), Washington tackle Trey Adams (6.51) and Vandy tight end Jared Pinkney (6.51).

Print this item

2021 NFL Draft What the Jets didnt do an
Posted by: ymakerpi8d - 06-08-2023, 02:32 PM - Forum: My Forum - Replies (4)

The 2020 were bad enough that they landed the second overall pick in the 2021 NFL Draft. Thanks to a few trades, the Jets also had a handful of extra picks on their hands -- including an additional first-round selection courtesy of the , from the deal.That means the Jets entered the draft with among the most draft capital in the league. They put it to good use, making nine selections in all. As part of our ongoing series here at CBSSports.com, in the space below, we are going to discu s one thing the Jets didn't do in the 2021 NFL Draft, and also break down one thing they definitely got right.The first step the Jets took toward fixing their defense was hiring former San Francisco 49ers defensive coordinator Robert Saleh as their new head coach. Saleh coached up one of the best defenses in the league over the last few Ozzie Smith Jersey seasons, and is widely regarded as a bright defensive mind.The next step the Jets took was signing former edge rusher . One of the top free agents on the market, Lawson will be 26 years old next season and is coming off a season in which he recorded 32 quarterback hits -- his third season (out of four) with 20 hits or more. Lawson needs more help up front, though, and the Jets didn't use any of their nine selections on a pa s rusher. Counting on the likes of and as your complementary rushmen isn't the soundest strategy. is excellent on the interior and the Jets took a flier on , but Rankins is three years removed from his peak and has had i sues staying healthy.New York's cornerback situation is also precarious at best. The Jets came Tyson Ross Jersey into the draft with one of the league's worst cornerback units, and while Joe Douglas and company ended up selecting five defensive backs in this draft, they were all Day 3 picks who can't nece sarily be counted on to fill rotational roles, let alone as starters in Year 1. The Jets simply had other priorities in mind here, which brings us to what they did well...In our series detailing the perfect draft plan for each of the league's 32 teams, we wrote the following about the Jets: While some of the blame for the failure of the era has to fall on the shoulders of Darnold himself, there is no denying that the Jets as an organization failed to put their former franchise quarterback in position to succeed. In three seasons as a starter, Darnold played behind offensive lines that ranked, on average, 27th in Pro Football Focus' pa s-blocking grades and 26th in Football Outsiders' Adjusted Sack Rate. Not until last offseason did the Jets truly invest any significant resources in upgrading the line in front of Darnold.The Jets also failed to give Darnold enough high-quality pa s-catchers, and they failed to properly utilize the ones they did have. had talent, but Rickey Henderson Jersey didn't get to fully showcase it until he left for Carolina. has averaged just 3.1 targets per game in his three seasons. played only 44% of snaps. was scarcely targeted down the field. The list goes on.The new Jets regime can't Eric Hosmer Jersey repeat those same mistakes. That's why they need to use at least a few of their nine picks in this draft to continue upgrading the infrastructure around the player they select at No. 2 overall. New York has four more Day 1 and Day 2 picks (No. 23, 34, 66, and 86); and while it's important that the Jets land a few defenders, they shouldn't forget that the best path to sustainable succe s is on the other side of the ball. Doing everything po sible to put their quarterback in a good position has to be top of mind.Well, the Jets appeared to take that to heart, because they moved aggre sively to surround with talent.They traded up in the first round to nab USC offensive lineman , who figures to slot in next to on the left side of the offensive line for years to come. They grabbed Ole Mi s wide receiver at the top of the second round, adding a dynamic slot receiver who can both take the top off the coverage and contribute in the running game on both jet sweeps and when lined up in the backfield. They used their fourth-round pick on North Carolina running back , a terrific fit for offensive coordinator Mike LaFleur's one-cut, zone running scheme.Combine that group with free-agent signee , last year's crop of offensive linemen, and 2020 second-round pick , and the Jets have built a nice foundation in which to drop their latest quarterback prospect. This time around, there won't be any questions regarding whether it's the player or the scheme or the surrounding talent holding them back. They'll know exactly what they have in Wilson, and they'll know it Cory Spangenberg Jersey pretty early on.

Print this item